Lobbying data is not available in CSV since its nested structure does not lend itself to the format.
JSON response format:
Excel response format:
The amount spent on lobbying in US dollars in one of the following formats:
Example Description 500 exactly 500 dollars >|500 greater than or equal to 500 <|500 less than or equal to 500
- Full-text search on the name of the client for which the lobbyist is working.
- Full-text search on the name of the parent organization of the client.
Type of filing as identified by CRP. CRP recommends the following rules be used:
- Do not total e records unless they are larger than the associated s record.
- Count c records in both total and industry when filing_included_nsfs is n. Don't count it in total or industry when filing_included_nsfs is y.
- Count b records in both total and industry when filing_included_nsfs is n. Exclude from total and include in industry but subtract it from the total of the parent when filing_included_nsfs y.
Code Meaning n non self filer parent m non self filer subsidiary for a non self filer parent x self filer subsidiary for a non self filer parent p self filer parent i non self filer for a self filer parent that has same catorder as the parent s self filer subsidiary for a self filer parent e non self filer subsidiary for a self file subsidiary c non self filer subsidiary for a self filer parent with same catorder b non self filer subsidiary for a self filer parent that has different catorder
- Full-text search on the name of the lobbyist involved in the lobbying activity.
- Full-text search on the name of the person or organization filing the lobbyist registration. This is typically the firm that employs the lobbyists. Use the registrant_is_firm field to filter on firms v. individuals.
- Report ID given by the Senate Office of Public Records.
- The type of filing as reported by the Senate Office of Public Records. http://assets.transparencydata.org.s3.amazonaws.com/docs/transaction_types-20100402.csv
The year in which the registration was filed. A YYYY formatted year, 1998 - 2010.
Example Description 2006 2006 2006|2008 2006 OR 2008